The Read Aloud feature (available starting from Soda PDF 14) allows you to convert the text of your document to speech and listen to it.
- Open the View module and click the Read Aloud option.
- Alternatively, open the Edit tab and switch to the Select Text feature, select the text, right-click on it and choose the Read Selection Aloud option.
- You can adjust the speed, volume, reading modes, as well as start, pause and stop reading in the Tool Area that will appear.
- Select the text to be read back to you by clicking on it. The selected parts will be highlighted in red.
There are the following reading modes:
- To the End of the String
- To the End of Current Page
- To the End of the Document
To change Speed or Volume, move the corresponding sliders.
Also, you can set default options for the Read Aloud feature such as Choose a voice, Default Volume, and Default Speed.
- Click on the gear icon to open the Options.
- Select the Read Aloud tab to configure the settings.
Note: The reading language and voice packages depend on your system settings and can be set or changed there.