The Read Aloud feature (available starting from Soda PDF 14) allows you to convert the text of your document to speech and listen to it.
- Open the View module and click the Read Aloud option.
- Alternatively, open the Edit tab and switch to the Select Text feature, select the text, right-click on it and choose the Read Selection Aloud option.
- You can adjust the speed, volume, reading modes, as well as start, pause and stop reading in the Tool Area that will appear.
- Select the text to be read back to you by clicking on it. The selected parts will be highlighted in red.
There are the following reading modes:
- To the End of the String
- To the End of Current Page
- To the End of the Document
To change Speed or Volume, move the corresponding sliders.
Also, you can set default options for the Read Aloud feature such as Choose a voice, Default Volume, and Default Speed.
- Click on the gear icon to open the Options.
- Select the Read Aloud tab to configure the settings.
Note: The reading language and voice packages depend on your system settings and can be set or changed there.
We have two additional modules. The OCR module allows you to recognize and edit text within any scanned document or image. We also have the E-Sign module that allows you to electronically sign PDFs and track and manage e-signatures in real-time. If those modules are not available for you, you can purchase them here.