Each PDF file you open in Soda PDF has a few document properties that can be updated. You can access them with the following steps:
- Click on the FILE button.
In the Properties section you’ll find a few options.
In this category you can edit the metadata for your file. You’ll also be able to review some key information about your file.
You can add a Title, update the Author, create a Subject for your file and set any relevant Keywords. This will help you archive your file while making it easier to search for when you need it.
- Click into one of the fields.
- Type in the information.
- Click out of the field to save the changes you’ve made.
If you scroll down, you can see information like the Created Date and when the file was last Modified. A very important piece of information is the PDF Producer, and this is the application which created the PDF you are working with.
Under Security you’ll find quick links to restrict access to your file. You’ll also see the current security settings of your file.
- Choose Set Password if you want to add one to your document. No one will be able to open your file without the password. Click here for more information on creating a password.
- Pick Security Settings if you want to restrict how users can interact with your PDF. Click here for more information on document restrictions.
You can’t make any changes here. However, you can view a list of any fonts used in your document. This will help you find any fonts you may need to match what’s being used in the file. Soda PDF will do it’s best to pick a font that is similar to any being used if that font is not available on your computer.
- Click the Fonts option.
In the Initial Views section, you can set some view options that will kick in when the file is opened.
- Choose an option under Navigation tab if you want that panel to be open as you launch the document.
- Choose an option under Page Layout to set how you want to view this PDF. Click here for more information.
Each of these settings will be for the specific PDF you are working with.