You can update the settings for your measurements in the properties section.
- Click into Edit Mode.
- Select your measurement.
- Choose the Properties icon.
In the General tab you’ll see a few options available.
You can update the Author and Subject of the measurement.
- Click in the text next to either option.
- Type your update into the box.
- Click the Enter key to accept your changes.
In the Modify section you will see when the measurement was last modified. You’ll also be able to restrict access to your measurement results.
- Toggle the switch next to the field to enable/disable the feature.
- Locked – This makes sure no changes can be made to the field.
- Visible – Disabling this will hide the measurement. It will stay in the same place and be accessible if anyone clicks on it.
In the Appearance tab you can configure the aesthetic of your measurement.
You can update the style, or pattern of the lines used in your measurement. By default, it uses solid lines.
- Click the option next to Style.
- Choose a new one from the list.
You can change the width of the lines used.
- Click the number next to Width.
- Increase the number to make it thicker, you can hide it entirely by setting it to 0.
- Hit the Enter key or click anywhere in your document to finalize.
It should update right away.
You can update the color of your measurement line.
- Click the box next to Color.
- Click on the color you want to use.
- Click here for more information about custom colors.
You can adjust the transparency of your measurement.
- Click next to Opacity.
- Adjust the slider to modify the value.
- 100 will have no transparency while 0 will be fully transparent.
You can use Blend Mode to determine how the measurement interacts with any other layers in your document.
- Click next to Blend Mode.
- Choose the option you want to use.
When measuring perimeter or area the result will be a shape, where you can customize the interior color.
- Click next to Color in the Interior section.
When calculating the distance between two points, you will see a line. You can set a shape for the start and end of the line.
- Under Arrowheads click the option next to Start or End.
- Choose an option from the list.
You can save any of these aesthetic changes for future measurements.
- Click SET AS DEFAULT to use these settings moving forward.
You can reset the default at any time.
- Select any field.
- Open the properties.
- Click RESET DEFAULT.