You can update the settings for your shapes in the properties section.
- Click into Edit Mode.
- Select your shape.
- Choose the Properties icon
You can update the style, or pattern of the shape. By default, it is a solid line.
- Click the option next to Style.
- Choose a new one from the list.
You can change the width of the lines making up your shape.
- Click the number next to Width.
- Increase the number to make it thicker, or set it to 0 to make it thinner.
- Hit the Enter key or click anywhere in your document to finalize.
The border will adjust immediately.
You can update the color of your shape.
- Click the box next to Color.
- Click on the color you want to use.
- Click here for more information about custom colors.
You can adjust the transparency of your shape.
- Click next to Opacity.
- Adjust the slider to modify the value.
- 100 will have no transparency while 0 will be fully transparent.
You can use Blend Mode to determine how the shape interacts with any other layers in your document.
- Click next to Blend Mode.
- Choose the option you want to use.
Certain shapes, will have an interior color option. The Line color will always reflect the border of the shape. The Interior color will fill out the shape.
- Click the option next to Color under Interior to update it.
Any shape that has a start and end, like an arrow, you’ll be able to modify the appearance on each side.
- Under Arrowheads click the option next to Start or End.
- Choose an option from the list.
You can save any of these aesthetic changes for future shapes.
- Click SET AS DEFAULT to use these settings moving forward.
You can reset the default at any time.
- Select any shape.
- Open the properties.
- Click RESET DEFAULT.