Using Spell Check
Using Soda PDF’s spell check tool, you will see a familiar red squiggle line appear under any word that has a mistake.
When you first open your document, the spell check tool will not be active. You can activate it at any time. There are two options available in the spell check tool. To scan the entire document and find a list of all errors you should pick the dictionary you want to use.
- Open the Edit Tab.
- Choose Spell Check.
- Pick your dictionary.
The spell check tab will open. You will be presented with the word that has the mistake. If you see this icon, the spell check tool is active, it will disappear when it is disabled.
There are few options available for you.
- Click Ignore if the word is spelled that way intentionally. This will remove the notification of a spelling mistake.
- Ignore All will ignore all instances of this word.
- Click any of the sound icons to have Soda PDF say the word, as it is spelled.
- Select any of the Suggestions and it will instantly update with the correct spelling.
You can verify the dictionary used when checking the spelling here.
- Click the dictionary if you want to change it.
- You’ll need to add these dictionaries to Soda PDF first.
There are two spell check Engines available. The Standard option will access dictionaries installed on your Windows system. Any dictionaries available in your Microsoft Office applications can be used in Soda PDF.
The Third-Party option provides dictionaries stored in Soda PDF, these cannot be changed.
- Choose from either Standard or Third-Party dictionaries.
- Choose the dictionary you want to use from the list.
- Click SET DICTIONARY.
You can choose to have Soda PDF use this dictionary automatically when you are typing.
- Toggle the switch under Detect Language Automatically to enable it.
- Click OK to confirm your choice.
- Click the File Menu.
- Click Options.
- Choose Spell Check.
- Choose between the Standard or Third-Party dictionaries.
- Click Add…
- Check the box next to the dictionary you want to use.
- You can choose more than one at once.
- Click OK.
You can set a default dictionary for your work. This will be at the top of your list of dictionaries.
- Select new dictionary.
- Click SET AS DEFAULT.
Each of these dictionaries will be visible each time you use the spell check feature.
You can remove any of them from the spell check options.
- Choose the dictionary.
- Select Remove.
Other spell check options.
You have the choice of using spell check when you are typing in your PDF document.
- Toggle the switch under Check Spelling while Typing to disable it.
You can also change the color used to indicate a spelling mistake.
- Click the box under Underline Color.
- Choose the color you want to use.
- Click here to learn more about custom colors.
You can also disable Soda PDF’s ability to detect the language automatically. This means each time you use the spell check tool, you’ll need to pick the language/dictionary you want to use.
- Toggle the switch under Detect Language Automatically to disable it.