Soda PDF has a Redaction tool. This will permanently delete information from your document. It’s the digital equivalent of redacting physical documents.
Soda PDF provides two ways you can redact your files:
Click here for more information about redaction options.
With manual redaction, you will choose where it is applied.
- Open the Secure Module.
- Click the Create Redaction.
- Hold down the left mouse button and drag the cursor to select the area you would like to redact.
- You can redact images and anything else in your PDF.
The area which will be redacted will be outlined in red. This outlined area is “marked” for redaction.
Once applied, you can resize it or change it in Edit mode. If an error was made, you can delete the marked area and reapply it.
- Click on Edit Mode.
- Right-click on the area marked for redaction.
- Choose Delete.
- You can add a comment to the marked area by left-clicking it in the View mode and entering your comment into the following window.
- To open the redaction mark properties right-click on it while in the Edit mode and choose the Properties option.
- There you can change the appearance settings for both the redaction mark and the redacted area.
You can apply multiple areas for redaction. The create option remains active until you choose to turn it off or activate another feature.
- Choose Apply Redaction to finalize your redaction.
You will see a popup advising that Soda PDF will now save your document. If you proceed, any information will be permanently removed.
- Click OK.
Your document will now be redacted.
Search and Redact
You have the option to search for specific keywords and redact them in bulk.
- Open the Secure Module.
- Choose Search and Redact.
You can also get there from the search feature.
- Open the search option (or click CTRL + F).
- Click on the Search and Redact icon.
- Click the three dots button to see the additional settings.
- To specify your search, select the Case-sensitive check box.
- To search for the whole word, select the Whole words only check box.
- Enter your keyword into the Search bar.
- Press the Enter key or click the magnifying glass icon.
- Check the boxes to mark the results for redaction.
- They will be highlighted as you check them.
- When you are ready to proceed, click MARK.
The selected text will be marked for redaction.
- Click on DELETE PERMANENTLY to redact your keywords.
You will see a popup advising you that redaction will permanently remove the information from your document.
- Click on DELETE PERMANENTLY.
Your redaction will be applied.
Article is closed for comments.