Manual Redaction, Search and Redact
Soda PDF has a Redaction tool. This will permanently delete information from your document. It’s the digital equivalent of redacting physical documents.
Soda PDF provides two ways you can redact your files.
Click here for more information about redaction options.
With manual redaction, you will choose where it is applied.
- Open the SECURE AND SIGN Module.
- Click the Create option in the Redaction section.
- Hold down the left mouse button and drag the cursor to select the area you would like to redact.
- You can redact images and anything else in your PDF.
The area which will be redacted will be outlined in red. This outlined area is “marked” for redaction. Once applied, you cannot resize it or change it. If an error was made, you will need to delete the marked area and reapply it.
- Click on Edit Mode.
- Right click on the area marked for redaction.
- Choose Remove.
You can apply multiple areas for redaction. The create option remains active until you choose to turn it off or activate another feature.
- Choose Apply to finalize your redaction.
You will see a popup advising you that Soda PDF will now save your document. If you proceed, any information will be permanently removed.
- Click OK.
Your document will now be redacted.
Search and Redact
You have the option to search for specific keywords and redact them in bulk.
- Open the SECURE AND SIGN module.
- Choose Search and Redact.
You can also get there from the search feature.
- Open the search option (or click CTRL + F).
- Click on the Search and Redact icon.
- Enter your keyword into the Search bar.
- Press the Enter key or click the magnifying glass icon.
- Check the boxes to mark the results for redaction.
- They will be highlighted as you check them.
- When you are ready to proceed, click CREATE.
The selected text will be marked for redaction.
- Click on Apply to redact your keywords.
You will see a popup advising you that redaction will permanently remove the information from your document.
- Click on OK.
Your redaction will be applied.