Soda PDF Desktop
You can open the Print menu by holding down the CTRL key and also pressing down on the Letter P.
Alternatively, right-click anywhere on the document while the View mode is ON and select the Print command from the context menu.
You can also access the print options in the top left-hand corner Menu.
Select Print from the options on the left.
This will open the print options. You will see a preview of your file. You can click on the Print button to print your file at any time.
There are a number of ways you can customize your print job. The following are the various options available.
You can print multiple Copies of your file at once.
- Use the + or – options to change the number.
- You can also enter the number directly. This will determine how many times your file will be printed.
The Orientation will determine whether your page prints in portrait or landscape. Clicking on either will update your print preview accordingly.
You can choose whether or not to Collate your print job.
The term collate is a way of grouping pages as you print multiple copies of a file. When it is collated, your document will print in full before starting the second copy. When it is not collated, all copies of the first page will print, followed by the second page, etc.
For the example below, imagine printing four copies of a 3-page document.
Collated Print Order:
Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 1, Page 2, Page 3
Non-Collated Print Order:
Page 1, Page 1, Page 1, Page 1, Page 2, Page 2, Page 2, Page 2, Page 3, Page 3, Page 3, Page 3
You can decide whether or not to print in black and white or color. Select the option under Color, which best applies.
In the Printer dropdown menu, you can decide which one to use. Keep in mind that the Soda PDF printer is a virtual printer. Using it will create a new PDF instead of printing a physical copy of the file.
Annotations on your document are embedded on top of the content of your document. Using the Print Options you can choose whether or not to print them.
In the Pages to Apply section, you can decide how, and which pages should be printed. You can choose between the following options:
- All – The entire document will be printed.
- Current – Only the page visible in the print previewer will be printed.
- First only - Only the first page will be printed.
- Last only - Only the last page will be printed.
- Range – You decide the pages that will be printed. You can segment the pages:
- Using a dash (-) tells Soda PDF to print all the pages between the specific page numbers. To print all pages between 2 and 5 you would type in “2-5”.
- Using a comma (,) you can add multiple groups of pages. To print all pages from 2 to 5, page 8, and then 10 and 11, type in “2-5, 8, 10-11”.
- Odd – Each odd-numbered page in the file will be printed.
- Even – Each even-numbered page in the file will be printed.
- Reverse – The pages in the file will be printed starting with the last page and ending with the first.
Click on Show more features to configure additional settings:
You can set the Paper Size by selecting one from the dropdown list.
You can also use the actual page size of the document. This is advantageous when you have a custom size. Scroll down to the end of the print options and check the box next to Use Actual PDF Dimensions for Paper Size.
You can decide the Paper Source for your printer, by selecting the one you would like to use from this dropdown.
By default, Soda PDF will make sure that the content of each page is formatted to print correctly. You can choose to disable any of the options below by clicking on the button. You will see the effect in the print preview section.
- Autorotate and Center functions adjust the orientation of a PDF to match the orientation specified in the printer properties.
- Fit allows you to reduce or enlarge each page to fit the printable area of the currently selected paper size.
Most print jobs will require you to print the file as-is. Soda PDF provides the ability to print in a few different modes to make sure complex tasks can be accomplished. Select the option that best suits your need.
The Single mode is the standard. This will print each page as it appears in order, respecting your customization.
The Poster option is used to print content that wouldn’t fit on a single page. It divides into multiple pages that can be combined to re-create your content in a larger format. There are a couple of configuration options:
- The Tile Scale determines how many pages will be used to print the content. As you increase the number, you will see more boxes appear on the grid, each box representing a page that will be printed.
- The Overlap allows some of the content to overlap across pages, to facilitate combining the physical pages later.
The Multiple mode allows you to add more than one page of your PDF file to a single printed page. There are a few configuration options:
- The Pages per sheet option allows you to decide how many of your PDF document pages should be added to the sheet. Pick from the options in the dropdown, choosing Custom will let you enter your own dimensions.
- Page Order lets you decide if they should be displayed horizontally or vertically on the page.
- Horizontal - left-to-right page sequence on a sheet of paper;
- Horizontal Reversed - right-to-left page sequence on a sheet of paper;
- Vertical - page sequence starts on the left-hand side of a paper, and it goes from top to bottom of a paper;
- Vertical Reversed - page sequence starts on the right-hand side of a paper, and goes from top to bottom of a paper.
- The check box next to Print Page Border will make the PDF page borders visible when you print it.
Each modification will update in the print preview section.
Booklet allows you to print on each side of the piece of paper. You can customize your booklet with the following settings:
- Booklet Subset allows you to pick which side of the page needs to be printed.
- Both Sides (makes double-sided booklet printings)
- Front Side Only
- Back Side Only
- Sheets lets you determine the length of your booklet.
- Binding reverses the order of the pages in your booklet, from left to right, and vice-versa.
- Left - a sheet of paper appears in a landscape orientation; odd pages of the document are laid out on the right-hand side of each sheet of paper.
- Right - a sheet of paper appears in a landscape orientation; odd pages of the document are laid out on the left-hand side of each sheet of paper.
- When applying either Left or Right, a sheet of paper acquires a landscape orientation.
- Left (tall) - prints a booklet in portrait orientation; odd pages of the document are laid out on the right-hand side of each sheet of paper, and even pages are on the left.
- Right (tall) - prints a booklet in portrait orientation; even pages of the document are laid out on the right-hand side of each sheet of paper, and odd pages are on the left.
Сlick the MAKE DEFAULT button to save the print settings so the next time you use the Print option, it will maintain the previously chosen formatting.
Print Selection allows you to select an area that you want to print in your document and print it.
- To print the selected area, click on the Print Selection icon which is located on the Quick Access Toolbar.
To access the Print Selection menu, you can also use hotkeys Ctrl+Shift+P or click the Print Selection option in the main menu.
- Select the part which you want to print using your mouse cursor.
- Click the Apply Selection option.
- The print options window will appear after selection for you to configure the settings.
Soda PDF Online
Soda PDF Online is accessed through your web browser. When printing a file, it uses the web browser print settings.
Article is closed for comments.