Soda PDF can add a link over any pre-existing document element. These links can be set up to perform several different actions. This article will cover opening a document with your link.
This option is only available in the Desktop version of Soda PDF.
- Go to the Edit Module.
- Select the Link feature.
Once the Link feature is active you will be able to choose the target area for your link. The mouse icon will change to confirm your selection.
- Move the mouse icon over to where you would like to place your link.
- Hold down the left mouse button and drag the mouse.
- You will see a blue rectangle as you move the mouse, allowing you to decide how big or small the link will be. The area inside this rectangle will be your link.
- When you release the mouse button you will see the Add Action window below.
- Choose the Open File option.
A Windows Browse window will open.
- Choose your file and select Open.
- Your file will appear in the action section of the window.
- Click Add. Your link will be configured.
- To test your link click on View to go into View Mode.
- Clicking on your link will now open your file.
You can open the properties to customize your link.
- First, make sure you are in Edit Mode by clicking on Edit.
- Right-click on your link and select Properties.
Click here to learn more about link properties.
While in Edit Mode you can also resize and move your link around your document.
- Hold down the left mouse button while your cursor is over a circle in the purple border and you can change the size.
- Hold down the mouse button anywhere else on the border to move its location.
We mentioned that links in Soda PDF can perform different actions. We have articles covering everything you need to know about links. Click below to learn more about that subject.