Soda PDF Desktop
- Click on Edit in the top left corner to go into Edit Mode.
- Double click anywhere on an empty part of the document. You will see a blue box appear. All text boxes are blue.
- You also may use the Type Text option in the Edit Module.
- When you click inside this box, you will see the flashing cursor indicating you may type.
Within this blue box, Soda PDF will function as a standard text editor.
- Click anywhere outside the text box and the visible blue border will disappear.
The PDF will now show your text in the way it will be seen by whoever views your document. You can always double click on the text again to further edit your text.
- Hover your mouse over any corner of the text box. You will see the mouse icon turn into a circular arrow.
- Holding down the left mouse button will allow you to rotate the text box.
- When you release the mouse button you will see the change made.
You can move text boxes around your document by holding down the left mouse button anywhere on the blue line surrounding your text as long as it is not a circle. The Grid tool helps facilitate formatting your PDF. Click here to learn more about the grid feature.
Even if you can’t see it, the snap feature will remain active. As you move your text boxes slowly, follow the green lines. They will let you know when everything is aligned properly.
- Holding down the mouse button any of the circles around the border of the text box will allow you to resize the text box.
You can format the text within each text box by altering its font settings.
- While the text box is the active element, use any of the standard font editing tools located in the Edit Module.
- To delete a text box, simply delete all the content of the text box with the Backspace or Delete key. Then press Backspace/Delete again.
If you happen to see a red border surrounding the block of text, it is part of an image. You will need to scan the document using the OCR (optical character recognition) component so that the software can make the text editable.
Click here to learn more about OCR and scanned documents.
Soda PDF Online
- In the Edit Module choose Type Text.
- Click on your document where you want to add the new text box.
A text editor window will open. Any text you need to add will be added to the editor before it will appear on your document.
- Choose the font settings you want to use.
- Add your text.
- Click on Apply.
Your text will be added to your document and the text editor will remain open.
- Click on the X to close the text editor.
You will likely need to resize/move the text box to make it fit the formatting of your document.
- Hold down the mouse button over the border of the text box (but not the circles) and drag your mouse to move the text box to a new location without changing the shape.
- Hold down the mouse button over any of the circles on the border of the text box and drag your mouse to change the size of the text box.
You can also click onto any existing text in your PDF to open the text editor and modify the content of that text box.
- Right click on any text box and choose Remove to delete it.