Soda PDF provides you with a powerful tool to get documents signed securely. You will create a Document Package which contains:
- Your documents.
- The specific requirements regarding who should sign each document.
- The type of signature they should provide.
Below is a list of all topics covered in this article:
- Creating Your Document Package
- Setting Up Signers and Signatures
- Preparation to send the package
- Sending your package
During the send for signature flow, you’ll be able to configure the document package.
- Open the E-Sign Tab.
- Choose Send for Signature.
Creating Your Document Package
If you have a document open in Soda PDF, it will automatically be added to your package.
- Click on the plus sign next to Documents and click on Add document to select the files you need signed.
- Select the files you need by highlighting them then click on Open.
Your files will appear on your screen. They will be displayed to your signers in the order they appear.
- You can change the order by dragging and dropping them in the order that you need.
- You can add more files at any time by clicking Add Document again.
- You can remove any document from your package by moving your cursor over your document and clicking on the trash can next to it.
A window will open to confirm the deletion of the file.
- Click Yes.
Setting Up Signers and Signatures
You can add signature fields to your document. These fields are where the recipients of your document will sign. You can apply as many signature fields to a document as you want.
Signers are the people who will receive your document. You will associate each signature field with a signer. You will have to add your signers to Soda PDF. Click here if you need help with that.
Adding a Field
- Click on the plus sign next to Signers.
- Click on a signer to select it.
You signer will appear under Signers.
You can choose the type of signature. You can request their Signature or Initials. The signer will be able to configure the aesthetic during the signing process. Click here to learn more.
- Click on Signer to add a signature field.
A window will open.
- Click on the Signature/Initials field of your choice and drag and drop it on your document.
- The Signature/Initials field will appear on your document.
- Left-click and drag the cursor to set the signature field’s size or the location of the field on your document.
- Release the mouse button to place the field.
- Release the mouse button to place the field.
You can add form fields that are preconfigured to help you capture extra information. Each form field is linked to a specific signature field.
- Select a signature.
- Choose a field and click on it.
- The field will appear on your document.
- Drag and drop to place it.
There are more options available to add to your signature.
- Click on the three dots to show more options.
Managing Multiple Signers
You can add multiple signature fields to your documents. Each signer you choose will have its own color.
All signers will be listed at the bottom left.
- You can cycle between all the signers by clicking on the arrow next to your signer's name.
You can also remove a signer from the document.
- Move your cursor on a signer to get the 3 dots logo. Click on it and select Remove.
You can manage signer options for your document package, click here to learn more.
You will need to add signature fields to each document in the package that requires them.
- Click any open document to add signatures to it.
- The active document’s name will appear at the top of Soda PDF.
Once you have set up your signature fields, you are ready to move on.
By default, each signer will receive the package at the same time and can immediately sign.
You can choose to set a signing order. Each signer will only receive the document package after the person before them in the list has finished signing.
- Check the box under the Signers list.
- Select a Signer.
- Drag and drop the signer and move it in the list to arrange the order.
Preparation to send the package
In the last step, you will add the finishing touches to your document package.
- You can rename your package by clicking on it.
- Enter the name and click somewhere on the document. This will save the new name.
- Click on the Calendar icon to set an expiration date.
- Choose your date by selecting a number from the calendar.
- Should it expire, you will need to send a new document package.
You can modify or remove the date at anytime.
- Click on the Calendar then click on Edit Expiry Date to modify the date.
- Click on the Calendar then click on Cancel Expiry Date to remove it.
You can add a personalized message to your signers. You will also be able to change the language for the emails you will use to contact them.
- Click on the Letter icon.
- Click to choose a new language.
- Add your message.
- Click elsewhere on your document and your message will be save.
Sending your package
- Click Send when you are ready to continue
A summary will open.
- Click Modify if you want to make any changes.
You can choose to review your document package after everyone has signed by selecting Review Before Completion.
- Toggle the switch next to Review Before Completion.
- Under Package Description, you can add a summary of the document package.
If you want to send this document package later, you can choose to save your work as a draft instead of sending. Click here for more information.
- Click on the arrow at the bottom of the screen then click on Save to Drafts.
- Click Done to close E-Sign.
- Choose Go to Drafts to view your drafts.
You can open this document package again from your drafts and send it at any time.
When you are in the E-Sign Package Overview, you can send your document package.
- Click Send and Send again.
You will see this window as everything is being sent.
A confirmation will open.
- Click Done.
You have now sent out your document package!
You can monitor this document package from the E-Sign Manager, click here to learn more.