A check box is used when a user can choose between one or more of the answers. A radio button is used when only one option can be selected.
They serve different roles, but the process of adding them to your PDF is the same. The following set of instructions works for either field type.
Click here for more information on creating forms.
Step 1: Choose Check Box or Radio Button
These fields will be grouped together as responses to a question. Selecting either the Check Box or Radio Button option tells Soda PDF to start grouping fields in the same question.
- Open the Forms Tab.
- Click on either the Check Box or Radio Button options.
Step 2: Place all fields that should be grouped together
You will see the outline for the check box or radio button appear on your document. You can position it wherever you would like.
- Click anywhere in your file to place the field.
- Hold down your left mouse button and drag the cursor to resize the field as you place it.
You will notice that after you place field, the Check Box or Radio Button option remains active. Keep placing check boxes until you are ready for another group.
- Click the Check Box option again to end this grouping.
- Click it again to start a new group of answers.
- Place the fields for your new group.
Step 3: Editing check box or radio button properties
This article will not go into detail for most options, Click here for a full list of all form field properties.
- Click on Edit to enter Edit Mode.
- Select the Radio Button or Check Box.
- Click the wrench icon to open the Properties tab
Bonus Step: Deleting the Check Box
- Switch into Edit Mode.
- Right click on the field.
- Choose Remove.
Bonus Step: Testing your button
- Switch into View Mode
- Click on the button.