Soda PDF Desktop
Soda PDF can add a link over any pre-existing document element. These links can be set up to perform several different actions. This article will cover creating a link that will navigate to any page in your document.
- The first step will be to go to the Edit Module and select the Link feature.
Once the Link feature is active you will be able to choose the target area for your link. The mouse icon will change to confirm your selection. Move the mouse icon over to where you would like to place your link.
Hold down the left mouse button and drag the mouse. You will see a blue rectangle as you move the mouse, allowing you to decide how big or small the link will be. The area inside this rectangle will be your link.
- When you release the mouse button you will see the Add Action window below.
- Choose the Go to Page option.
Your mouse icon will change. Use the page navigation tool at the right bottom corner to navigate to the page you want your link to point to.
Once you have arrived at the target page, click the left mouse button. You will be brought back to the Add Action window. Your action will be listed in the bottom portion of the window. When you click ADD your link will be configured.
- To test your link go into View Mode. Clicking on your link will now go to the page you have chosen.
- You can open the properties to customize your link. First, make sure you are in Edit Mode.
- Once you have selected your link, select the Properties icon on the right sidebar.
Click here to learn more about link properties.
While in Edit Mode you can also resize and move your link around your document.
- Hold down the left mouse button while your cursor is over a circle in the purple border and you can change the size.
- Hold down the mouse button anywhere else on the border to move its location.
Soda PDF Online
- In the Edit Module choose Link.
- Hold down your mouse button and drag the cursor to create the outline of your link.
- Release the mouse button to accept.
- In the window that opens, select Go to Page.
- Choose the Page Destination.
- Click on OK.
- Click on ADD to finalize the choice.
- Click on Edit.
- Select the link.
- Readjust the size or move it.
- While the link is selected you can choose the Properties icon to open the properties.