A text form field lets a user type out responses directly into the field. In this article we'll cover the basics of adding your field.
Click here for more information on creating forms.
If you are looking for all the ways you can configure your text field, click here for our complete list of form field properties.
Step 1: Choose Text Field option
- Open the Forms Tab.
- Click on either the Text Field option.
Step 2: Place your text field
You will see the outline for the check box or radio button appear on your document. You can position it wherever you would like.
- Click anywhere in your file to place the field.
- Hold down your left mouse button and drag the cursor to resize the field as you place it.
Step 3: Editing Text Field properties
Click here for a full list of all form field properties, including appearance settings and how to set up calculations for your text field.
- Click on Edit to enter Edit Mode.
- Select the Combo Box.
- Click the wrench icon to open the Properties tab
Bonus Step: Deleting the Check Box
- Switch into Edit Mode.
- Right click on the field.
- Choose Remove.
Bonus Step: Testing your button
- Switch into View Mode
- Click on the button.