A text form field lets a user type out responses directly into the field. In this article, we'll cover the basics of adding your field.
Click here for more information on creating forms.
Step 1 - Choose the Text Field option
- Open the Forms Tab.
- Click Form Field to expand the list.
- Click on the Text Field option.
Step 2 - Place your text field
You will see the outline for the text box appear on your document. You can position it wherever you would like.
- Click anywhere in your file to place the field.
- Hold down your left mouse button and drag the cursor to resize the field as you place it.
Step 3 - Editing Text Field properties
Click here for a full list of all form field properties, including appearance settings and how to set up calculations for your text field.
- Click on Edit to enter Edit Mode.
- Select the Text Field.
- Click the Properties icon.
Bonus Step - Deleting the Check Box
- Switch into Edit Mode.
- Right-click on the field.
- Choose Remove.
Bonus Step - Testing your text field
- Switch into View Mode.
- Fill out your text field.