Creating a Template, Saving a Template, Applying a Template
Templates will remember the exact placement and type of the signature fields on a document. It will also use the same signers applied to the fields when you saved the template.
This is a bit different than a layout. A layout will remember the placement and type of your signature fields, but it will leave them unassigned. Click here for more information on layouts.
Creating a Template
There are 2 ways to go about creating a template. You can create one from scratch, or you can convert a draft into a template. Click here to learn more about drafts.
Creating a template from scratch.
- In the E-Sign Module click on Templates.
- Choose Create Template.
You will go through a flow that is essentially the same as creating a new document package. This article will provide a brief description of this process. For a complete walkthrough of all available options, click here.
- Click Add Document to choose the files you want to use.
A window will open and you can choose your documents. The documents will be received by signers in the order they appear in this list. You will need to re-order them from this window.
- Click Add Files.
- Browse your computer and choose your files.
- Use the arrow keys to move the selected file.
- Click SAVE to continue.
You can add a custom name and description to each file if you want.
- Click on step 2 to continue.
You will need to add signature fields to your document. The signature fields can either be assigned to a specific signer or they can be placeholders. When using your template, you will pick the signers for each placeholder.
- Choose Actual or Placeholder under Type of Signer.
- Choose from the Select Signer dropdown.
- Click here for more information about creating signers.
You will need to name the placeholder field.
- Add it under Placeholder Name.
You can choose the type of signature. You can request their Signature or Initials. The signer will be able to configure the aesthetic during the signing process. Click here to learn more.
- Click the dropdown under Add Signature Field and choose one.
- Click Add.
- Move your cursor on your document and you will see the signature field appear.
- Left-click and drag the cursor to set the signature field’s size.
- Release the mouse button to place the field.
- Select the field while in Edit Mode to resize or move it.
You can add form fields that are preconfigured to help you capture information from the signer. Each form field is linked to a specific signature field.
- Select a signature while in Edit Mode.
- Choose the type of form field from the dropdown under Add Form Field.
- Click Add.
- As you move your mouse cursor you will see the form field appear on your document.
- Left-click to place it.
You can add multiple signature fields of different types across your documents. Each signer will be provided a different color. Placeholders will show the name you provided.
Once you have set up your signature fields, you are ready to move on
- Click step 3.
In the last step, you will add the finishing touches to your document package.
- Add a Package Name to help you stay organized.
- Click on the Calendar icon to set an expiration date for your document package.
- Should it expire, you will need to send a new document package.
- Choose your date by selecting a number from the calendar.
By default, each signer will receive the package at the same time and can sign right away.
You can also choose to set a signing order. When this is active, each signer will only receive the document package after the person before them in the list has finished signing.
- Check the box next to Signing Order.
- Select a Signer.
- Use the Up and Down arrows to move them in the list.
- Click Save Package and it will be added to your template list.
- Click Done to continue.
- Open the E-Sign Manager
- Click on Inbox or Draft.
- Click on the Disc icon to create your template.
- Add a Template Name.
- You can add a Description or a message to all signers.
- Click Save to create the template.
- Open the E-Sign tab.
- Click Templates and a list will open.
- Pick your template.
Your template will open ready for you to add the finishing touches and send.