Downgrading from 2.0 to 1.7 or older
Using the Soda PDF printer, you can “print” your file and convert it into a PDF that is in an older version.
- Click the Menu in the left upper corner and choose Print.
- You can also hold down the CTRL key and press P.
- Choose Soda PDF from the list of available printers.
- Select Printer Properties.
A window will open for the printer properties.
- Click the option next to PDF Conformance Level.
- Choose the version you want to use.
- Click OK to continue.
When you now print the file, a new copy of your PDF will be created with the appropriate version.
- Click the Print button.
A window will open asking you where you want to save your file. Once you have chosen the location, your new PDF will be created with the correct version.
Updating from an older version to 2.0
Through Soda PDF’s options, you can easily update the PDF version.
- Click the Menu in the left upper corner.
- Choose Properties.
- Then click Description.
- Scroll down to the Advanced section. Under PDF Version select PDF 2.0 from the dropdown.
When you next save your PDF, it will be updated to PDF 2.0.