Soda PDF Desktop
- In the Create & Convert Module click on the PDF to Excel option.
- You can decide which pages should be converted.
- Click on the three dots in the corner to open more settings.
- Click the Folder icon to change where Soda PDF will save your file.
You can choose to convert each page of your PDF onto a single excel sheet or you can convert each page into its own separate sheet.
- Toggle this switch to decide which option you want to use.
- Choose Tables Only to convert to Excel without any text.
- Choose Text and Tables to transfer both text and tables.
- You can choose to apply the OCR engine when converting. If your original .pdf document has some images that contain text, Soda PDF will extract this text while converting to the .xlsx file format. In addition, the initial image will be preserved, and the text contained in this image will become editable. To do that, select the Use OCR check box.
- If you want to open the converted document after the conversion, you can check the box next to this option.
- Click the Make Default button to use the selected settings moving forward.
- When you are ready, click on Export in order to make your PDF an Excel file.
When your file is finished converting you will see the notification.
In the event you have any trouble with conversion, click here for help.
We provide a quick conversion tool for users to convert the file without opening up any program. Navigate to the part of your computer the file is saved. Right-click on the file. Expand the Soda PDF 14 option and choose Convert to MS Excel.
Soda PDF Online
Soda PDF Online is accessed via a web browser. Since it does not install directly onto your system the options surrounding conversion are limited.
You can still convert files, only once converted they will download to your computer. The location will be the default download folder of your web browser.