Soda PDF Desktop
- In the Create & Convert Module choose Advanced and click on the PDF to TXT option.
- You can decide which pages should be converted.
- Click on the three dots in the corner to open more settings.
- Click the Folder icon to change where Soda PDF will save your file.
- The page divider option will visually divide pages of the resulted .txt document. Please note that a .txt document has no separate pages. The text located in such a document is displayed continuously. The Use Page Divider feature helps to understand where the next page begins, and where the previous page ends.
- Check the box next to Use Page Divider.
- Сlick on the dropdown menu and choose one from the list. You can also type in your own custom page divider.
- You can choose to apply the OCR engine when converting. This will let you edit any scanned documents in whichever program you are using for your TXT files.
- You can choose to have Soda PDF convert any cropped text by checking the box next to Convert Cropped Text.
- By default, the file will open. Uncheck the box next to Open TXT Document after conversion to prevent the file from opening.
- Click the Make Default button to use the selected settings moving forward.
- When you are ready click on Export to turn your PDF into a TXT file.
When your file is finished converting you will see the notification.
In the event you have any trouble with conversion, click here for help.
We provide a quick conversion tool for users to convert the file without opening up any program. Navigate to the part of your computer the file is saved. Right-click on the file. Expand the Soda PDF 14 option and choose Convert to TXT.
Soda PDF Online
Soda PDF Online is accessed via a web browser. Since it does not install directly onto your system the options surrounding conversion are limited.
You can still convert files, only once converted they will download to your computer. The location will be the default download folder of your web browser.